My Leadership Thoughts!

Posted by Varun | Labels: | Posted On Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 10:09 PM

My Leadership Thoughts!


Of Late I have been very active in reading books on Leadership and decision making!


There are so many different definitions which i can find when I google on LEADERSHIP. But the

most simplest yet most elegant of Leadership would be "POSITIVE INFLUENCE". The amount of

positive influence which your leader exerts on you determines his leadership quotient! On my

professional front, I have been denied quality leadership now for a long time! All this time when i

was truly longing for a mentor/leader who could guide and motivate me, Something that constant

pricked me from inside to become a genunine leader. My non-profitable initative "PUNYA" is a

platform for me to experiment with my beliefs and ideas! It is so wisely said


that you don't need a title to be a leader. My confidence is growing and thanks to All-Mighty who is

giving different opportunites in various forms to serve ppl.



Genunine Leadership is not conferred by the title or limited to the executive suite. Rather it is shown

through our everyday actions and the way we influence the lives of those around us. Some of the

characteristics which genunine untitled leaders share are as follows:



1. Acting with purpose rather than getting bogged down by mindless activity

2. Caring about and listening to others


3. They always are on to find ways to encourage the contributions and development of others rather

than focusing solely on personal achievements.


4. Genunine Leaders get others to follow them out of respect and commitment rather than fear and

compliance.


5. They lead through their relationships with people,as opposed to their control over people.


6. Leaders generally collaborate rather than control.



If you aspire to lead in what you do, following this simple receipe would help you for surely


1. Take control of your life.

2. Never fail to try, It's ok if you try and fail.


3. seize new opportunites


4. influence others to be their best


5. contribute to the betterment of others.



This are my personal thoughts! You are most welcome to respond with your feedback on this

article! Thanks everyone for your unflinching and unwavering support for Punya ! Wish you all a very

Happy Pongal / Makar Sakranthi / Baisakthi / Lohri :)



Varun
blog comments powered by Disqus